Persuasive Essay Topics and Writing Process
If you know many interesting persuasive essay topics and writing process peculiarities, most probably, you will be able to write a good-looking paper. However, if your writing skills leave much to be desired, feel free to read our guide as we are going to provide you with the information that will help you turn into a professional writer.
There are many different essay types and a persuasive essay is one of them. But what makes this task different from others? Well, a persuasive essay has a couple of peculiarities that should be considered by every student, who wants to receive a good grade for this task. To help students cope with this assignment successfully, we have collected a few efficient suggestions in our guide. So, let`s begin.
What Is a Persuasive Essay?
To succeed in persuasive essay writing, you should understand what is a persuasive essay and what makes this piece different from other papers. In its essence, a persuasive essay is a paper in which the writer should build logical arguments to convince readers of their point of view. To do it successfully, one should provide solid facts, good evidence, quotes from reputed experts, statistics, etc. Good persuasive essay topics are always controversial and thought-provoking. You won`t need to convince the reader if you write your essay on a topic one can easily agree with. As such, the primary goal of a persuasive essay is to persuade the neutral audience that your viewpoint is correct and valid. To write a good college persuasive essay, you will need to take a stand explaining your position clearly and then helping your audience figure out why it is reasonable. In academic writing, a persuasive essay is usually called argumentative as it requires developing an argument. If you type “argumentative essay vs persuasive essay” in your search engine, you will see that it is the same assignment.
TOP 10 Writers
that your enquiries will be answered immediately by our Support Team. Extra attention is guaranteed.
Key Features of Persuasive Writing
You should know that persuasive writing is very common in everyday life. For instance, people often use persuasive techniques to convince the hiring managers that they can succeed in the job position chosen. As for other documents where people should apply the art of persuasion, one should mention the following ones:
- Business letters;
- Political speeches;
- Personal statements;
Of course, there are many other documents in which you will need to apply your persuasive skills. Therefore, it is particularly important to learn how to write a persuasive essay in your college or university. Pay attention that a good persuasive essay cannot be based only on your personal opinion. To convince your reader, your position should be supported by factual evidence that would appeal to your reader`s emotions, feelings, and common sense.
In addition, if you want to learn how to make a persuasive essay, you will need to familiarize yourself with the principles of ethos, pathos, and logos.
- Ethos deals with using authoritative resources that will prove your arguments;
- Pathos focuses on the reader`s values, morals, and beliefs;
- Logos usually appeals to common sense.
Unlike pathos and logos, ethos deals with not the writing itself but with the writer`s reputation. For example, your target audience will probably agree with you if they know that you specialize in the topic you write. In academic writing, it is necessary to refer to credible experts as it will make your arguments sound persuasive. This means that you will need to use peer-reviewed sources to add credibility to your work.
Before you start working on your paper, we highly recommend you create a good persuasive essay outline that will keep all the points, arguments, and ideas that will be discussed in your paper in a logical way. An outline is a good organizational instrument that helps the writer avoid including meaningless information focusing on the most important ideas.
Structure of a Persuasive Essay
The success of your paper greatly depends on the structure of a persuasive essay. Below, you will find the main elements of a persuasive essay:
- Introductory paragraph. As well as many other academic papers, a persuasive essay should begin with an engaging persuasive essay introduction. Keep in mind that an introduction is the first part of your essay seen by your reader and it makes the first impression on them. As such, your main task is to engage your reader and grab their attention. In fact, an introduction is also divided into three main parts: a hook, background information on the topic, and a thesis statement.
- After the introduction, there should be the main body part in which you will develop your arguments in an engaging and compelling way. To make your ideas easy-to-follow, you will need to divide your main body into several paragraphs and begin each of them with a clear topic sentence. Many students get their readers confused by jumping from one idea to another. If you want your reader to understand the flow of your ideas better, we highly recommend you use smooth transitions. Also, when writing a persuasive essay, it is particularly important to address the opposing point of view explaining why it is not correct. If you look through great samples of persuasive essays, you will see that writers use different techniques to convince their readers. For instance, they may include in-text citations of credible experts or include their own real-life experiences. Of course, the way you will develop your persuasive paper greatly depends on your topic, as well as on the guidelines provided by your tutor. Basically, the structure of your main body should be as follows:
Your first argument related to your thesis;
Evidence that backs up your argument.
Your second argument related to your thesis;
Evidence that backs up your argument.
Your third argument related to your thesis;
Evidence that backs up your argument.
3. Finally, you will need to summarize all of your arguments in a strong conclusion. Pay attention that the last paragraph of your essay should not include new details as its primary goal is to summarize the discussion provided in the previous parts.
We assure you that by following these persuasive essay structure guidelines, you will be able to create a persuasive essay on any topic. Although persuasive writing should follow common standards and criteria, each tutor has their own requirements for writing such a paper and if you want to get a good grade, you will need to follow these guidelines precisely.
Work with the Best Persuasive Essay Topics!
It is very important to work with interesting persuasive essay topics. A well-chosen subject for your essay will save much time and effort spent on the writing process allowing you to enjoy it. If you want to address the needs of your audience, you will need to pick up a debatable issue and develop it in your essay. A good topic should not be too broad as a broad topic won`t allow you to write an interesting discussion. Ideally, your persuasive essay topic should match your research interests because if you find your topic boring or vague, you won`t be able to create a paper that will engage your target audience. Of course, the choice of your topic depends on the discipline. A good topic should be relevant and trendy because it will help you grab the reader`s attention. At the same time, your topic should not be too narrow, as it won`t allow you to discuss the issue from different perspectives. If your professor has provided you with freedom of choice, you will need to spend some time doing preliminary research and brainstorming your ideas. However, we assure you that it is not a waste of time but a part of a strategy that will bring you a successful outcome.
8 Reasons to choose us:
Don't waste time -
get the best essay in the world!
- 01. Only original papers
- 02. Any difficulty level
- 03. 300 words per page
- 04. BA, MA and PhD writers
- 05. Generous discounts
- 06. On-time delivery
- 07. Direct communication with an assigned writer
- 08. VIP services
If you are having writer`s block being unable to choose an interesting topic for your persuasive essay, you should have a look at the persuasive essay ideas provided below. These topics were collected by skilled and creative writers, who know everything about creating great persuasive essays:
- Online dating. Is it a good choice?
- Loving your neighbor as yourself. Isn`t this statement outdated?
- People need to use alternative forms of transport;
- Physical punishment. Can it be justified?
- Should people be punished for the abandonment of their pets?
- Women objectification in the 21 st century;
- Friendship is better than love;
- Dangerous professional sports should be banned. Do you agree with this statement?
- Should college education be free?
- Polygamy is not acceptable in present-day society;
- The contemporary grading system is outdated. People should choose other methods to evaluate the level of proficiency;
- Biological weapons should be forbidden in all countries;
- Did the US astronauts land on the moon?
- If the person is a great athlete, it does not mean that they can be a good coach;
- Dogs are better pets than cats;
- People should not dream too much to avoid disappointment. Do you agree with this claim?
- Feminism is no longer a struggle for women`s rights;
- Selfishness. Is it good or bad?
- Higher education is not necessary for the 21 st century.
Even if you don`t pick up any of the topics mentioned in the list, you may use these subjects for boosting your writing inspiration. If you feel that you won`t be able to cope with your persuasive essay, you should not hesitate to purchase this paper at our professional writing service. By ordering a custom persuasive essay at our writing platform, you will receive a brilliant paper that will be tailored to your guidelines. Let us become your writing companion and you won`t regret it!