If you are a student, you have probably spent a couple of years writing on various argumentative, descriptive and proposal essay topics. Like it or not, every student has to write different kinds of academic papers during the years of study.
Proposal essays is a difficult type of essays, but if you know how to choose interesting proposal essay topics and some tips on writing such papers, they can be very easy and fun to write. It is important to start with choosing one of various proposal argument essay topics. Here are some good pieces of advice on choosing a topic and writing an outstanding paper.
Peculiar Properties of Proposal Essays
Before you start looking for the perfect topic among the multiple proposal essay ideas, it is necessary to get a clear understanding of what exactly a proposal essay is. It is a type of paper, which identifies a problem and offers a solution to it. It is a kind of argumentative essay, which has a little different format and requires more research. They are most often used in business and science classes.
TOP 10 Writers at EssaysWorld that your enquiries will be answered immediately by our Support Team. Extra attention is guaranteed.
This type of paper has a purpose to propose a certain idea and provide evidence and arguments to persuade readers why that idea is a good or bad one. A helpful piece of advice is to consider yourself a salesperson with a goal to convince a customer why he/she should buy your product. Similarly, the product is your topic and the customer is your teacher.
As a rule, such assignments are not timed and not written in the class, where you are striving to complete the assignment until the end of class. Instead, you need more time and research to prove your arguments with strong evidence. Remember that your goal is to convince the reader that your proposal essay ideas are really worth pursuing.
Things You Should Consider when Choosing a Topic
The first thing you should do when thinking of how to write an essay proposal is to select a topic for your paper. Here are some things to consider when you are trying to select a topic.
Write about something that you have an interest to. For other kinds of papers, you can sometimes fake it till you make it. However, when you are assigned to write an essay proposal sample, it is a great advantage to choose a topic you really care about. You are going to spend much time researching and writing this paper, so it will be more pleasant if you are interested in the selected subject. It is the fact that when you pick up a topic you have some passion for, your essay becomes even more interested to the audience. You may find it interesting to write about something that can affect you or somebody you know.
Select a topic, which has strong support. Since you will spend a solid portion of time on this assignment, it will be easier for you if some literature on this topic already exists. As a rule, the best topics for a proposal essay are those, which have both supporting and dissenting research. Try to find a topic with some interesting facts, which you can describe with great relish.
VIP Services package with 20% discount -
Make sure your topic is really an argument. As you are assigned to write a kind of argumentative essay, it is necessary to choose a topic, which is worthy of an argument. Writing on a topic, which is one-sided, is boring and does not actually serve your purpose. When working on your paper, you should address the opposing points of view. This allows you to present a well-rounded proposal and show your readers that you have considered each side of the topic and have constructed a great proposal. You may like to write on such topics for a proposal essay as the ways that farmers can make the lives of dairy cows better. That is a problem, which really requires a solution.
Consider your audience. Do not forget that proposal essays serve a great purpose not just in academia. Even if you are working on this paper just for the lass and only your professor will see it, pretend as you have a more realistic reader who has to decide whether this essay is worth investing time into. When you understand your reader, the writing process becomes easier. Besides, it helps to come up with good proposal essay ideas. It is better to choose a topic, which has an audience you can relate to. For example, if you like to write about social issues and your audience consists of volunteers, you may decide to write about the society.
What Your Paper Should Contain
To write an outstanding paper of the highest quality, it is necessary to follow an outline, which includes:
Introductory part. In this part, you should provide background information and important details that your audience is better to know before you start talking about the other parts. In the introductory paragraph, you must catch the readers’ attention and make them want to continue reading. Also, keep in mind that a thesis has to be provided in the introduction.
VIP Support Ensures that your enquiries will be answered immediately by our Support Team. Extra attention is guaranteed.Get VIP Support for $11.55
Proposal. It is a short section in the beginning of the paper, which informs the audience about your purpose and idea that you are going to present. Avoid including details about the way you will present the proposal.
Plan of action. In this part, you have to describe the way you are going to achieve your proposal and what ideas for a proposal essay you will use to demonstrate the audience why it is valid, It is the part of the paper where you must persuade the audience to accept your opinion. Use a separate paragraph for each evidence.
Conclusion. In the concluding paragraph, you have to write a brief summary of the paper and provide call-to-action. Avoid including any new information in this part.
Useful Pieces of Advice
- Always dedicate enough time to accurate research so that you can gather as much information as possible and show your readers that you know what a proposal essay is.
- Make sure to support each of your claims with evidence
- Show your vocabulary skills. Do not overuse certain words.
- Do not use slang or informal speech.
- Make sure all the sources are relevant. Do not use blogs and non-credible websites.
- Cite every used source to avoid plagiarism.
- Do not include a multiplicity of poorly discussed ideas. Instead, stick to several ideas, which you can thoroughly develop.
Topic Ideas for a Proposal Essay
Is it difficult for you to come up with good topics for a proposal essay? Do not worry! We are here to help you! Here is a proposal essay topics list. You can write on any of them as-is, modify them, or just use them to get you in the right mindset to brainstorm your own proposal essay topics list.
- Can antidepressant use increase the number of suicides?
- Is there any way teachers can improve sex education in schools?
- What is the most useful thing parents can teach their children about money?
- How can we reduce obesity?
- What is the best way for parents to encourage their children for more extracurricular activities?
- How can we reduce the number of teen pregnancies?
- What is the best way to teach children responsibility?
- Which measures should we take to provide better conditions for veterans?
- Can we reduce our dependence on computers?
- How can foreign language courses be improved?
- What measures should the government take to better handle illegal immigrants?
- How can the average person combat global climate change? What can the government do?
- How should parents teach their children to use the Internet responsibly?
- How can parents ensure their child treats others with respect?
- How can we prevent deaths from drunk driving?
- How to curb illegal drug use?
- What measures should be taken to keep companies’ and consumers’ sensitive information more secure online?
- How can we reduce intolerant behavior and prevent racism?
- How can the government solve the problem of unemployment?
- What measures should be taken to reduce the numbers of smoking and alcohol use among teenagers?
- What is the best way to reduce homelessness?
- What is the best way for parents to help their children avoid bullying in school?
- What can parents do to ensure their children adopt healthy life values?
- How can parents convince their kids not to experiment with drugs?
- How can we reduce buying goods and services using credit? What measures should be taken to handle the culture of debt?
- Ways of protection from online theft
- Should animal exploitation be banned? Is veganism the most effective way to protect animal rights?
- How can the government protect small businesses from economic problems?
- Should all prisoners have voting rights?
- What is the best way to improve the ecological situation in the world?
- What measures can be taken to improve parental involvement in children’s education?
- What is the best way to counsel children with divorced parents to build strong relationships and marriages?
- What measures should be taken to prevent other countries from interfering in the US elections?
- In what ways can colleges better handle the combination of education, athletes, and business?
- How can the number of discriminatory behavior toward ethnic minorities be reduced?
- In what ways can the local businesses be supported?
- Does the current student grading system require any changes?
- How can we affect or change obsolete lifestyles?
- Should teachers provide students with a chance of failing and learning by making mistakes?
- Should anything be done with the descent of morality in media?
- How can students’ reading comprehension be improved? How to prevent calling words aloud with no understanding them?
- What is the best way to create better curriculum for college and university students?
Your main goal in writing a superb essay is to propose several ideas regarding a certain topic, to elaborate those ideas and to persuade readers to accept them. First, it might seem a complicated task, but if you use the tips above and dedicate enough time to writing, you will definitely create a superb essay!