World history remains one of the most popular topics and subjects among students. Students in a whole range of disciplines choose world history research paper topics for their papers. One of the greatest things about world history is that it is particularly rich in topics, subjects, and questions. This is actually why students may find it difficult to prioritize among numerous world history questions and choose the most interesting for their research. Below you will find some of the greatest American history research topic ideas for your paper.
Choosing research paper topics world history is one of the most important yet problematic aspects in academic paper writing. You will need to follow several steps before you can choose and use the best world history topic in your paper. You need to be sure that your topic is specific enough to produce an impression on your readers. For example, you will hardly be willing to write about colonization in general. Instead, you will focus on the issue of smallpox epidemics and their role in the history of America. The best you can do is framing your topic as a research question, which you will need to answer to meet your learning objectives. Ask yourself what question you want to explore and gather primary and secondary historical evidence to support your argument. Once you have a question, you will be better positioned to deal with your research task.
United States History Research Paper Topics
- What was the role of disease epidemics in colonization?
- What were the main reasons behind the 1819 panic? How did it influence the economic growth in America?
- How did slavery contribute to the development of rebellious attitudes and moods in Jamaica?
- What was the role of the U.S. in the historical development of Panama?
- How did the Spanish-American War foster the historical evolution of America towards a major colonial power?
- What was the main reason Japan had to adopt Article IX following the end of the Second World War?
- How did the relationships between South Korea and the U.S. develop over the course of history?
- Why did it happen that Africa became the primary supplier of slaves for America? What were the roots of slavery in the African continent?
- What were the historical impacts of the Holocaust on international economic and cultural development?
- Is it possible to compare the Turkish Massacre of Armenians to the Holocaust? How?
Vietnam War Research Paper Topics
- How did it happen that Vietnamese Communists were more technologically and strategically advanced than their American adversaries?
- What were the major shifts in U.S. foreign policy in the historical period between the end of the Second World War and the beginning of the Vietnam War?
- What was the role of the Soviet Union in moving the U.S. towards a conflict with Vietnam?
- What were the true causes behind the Vietnam War?
- How did the Vietnam War strategies adopted by Nixon and Johnson differ?
- What were the main goals and objectives pursued by U.S. government at the times of the Vietnam War?
- What role did media play in shaping public opinion of the U.S. foreign policy during the Vietnam War?
- How did antiwar protests in the U.S. change the direction of its foreign policies?
- What were the most effective guerilla tactics used during the military conflicts involving the U.S.?
- Why was America unable to win in its conflict with Vietnam?
Middle East Research Paper Topics
- Why is it that the authoritarian rule rather than democracy became so persistent in the Middle East?
- Why are Middle Eastern countries so frequently involved in peace conflicts?
- What is the historical role of social media in the Middle East and how do they compromise the historical dominance of the authoritarian rule?
- What are the historically powerful social organizations that ever emerged in the Middle East?
- How can histort explain the emergence of Islamist and other extremist movements in the Middle East?
- What are the strategies for dealing with the ISIS?
- How do the social media and oppositional movements shape the history of Egypt?
- What are the theories and models used to analyze the historical evolution of media and their impacts on politics?
- How does the history of the U.S. compare to that of the Middle East?
- What is the Clash of Civilizations concept?
- How did the Middle East transform through conflict and opposition?
- How does Epochalism compare to Essentialism?
- What are the historical roots of Arab nationalism?
- What is the translation movement noted in the Islamic religions?
Immigration Research Paper Topics
- The issue of illegal immigration in the U.S.
- The most popular misconceptions and misperceptions of illegal immigrants among U.S. citizens
- Closed borders as a strategy for reducing the scope of illegal immigration
- How to develop and pass immigration reforms in the U.S.
- Whether illegal immigrants should have access to welfare in the U.S.
- Whether illegal immigrants present an economic danger to the U.S.
- Whether children that are born to illegal immigrants in the U.S. should have the right to acquire American citizenship
- How to support illegal immigrants and make them useful
- Illegal immigration and healthcare subsidies
- Illegal immigration and child welfare
- Illegal immigration and access to financial and social benefits
- A personal response to illegal immigration
Holocaust Research Paper Topics
- What are the key biographical events in the life of Hitler?
- How many victims survived the Holocaust and how it changed their lives?
- What did Holocaust survivors have to do to survive the tortures?
- What stories do the families of Holocaust survivors hide?
- The Auschwitz camp and the power of internment.
- What was the beginning and the end of the Holocaust?
- Was Hitler the only ideologist of the Holocaust?
- What happened to Hitler's allies after the Holocaust?
- What did countries of the world do after the Holocaust to prevent similar tragedies in the future?
- What really happened in concentration camps?
- What were the major challenges facing the Holocaust survivors?
- Why did the Holocaust begin?
- Why did so many people love Hitler?
- Discuss the issue of Holocaust children
- What were the major events during the Holocaust?
- Who is Viktor Frankl, and what role did he play in the history of the Holocaust?
- Why were gas chambers used in concentration camps?
- What are the lasting psychological issues affecting Holocaust survivors?
- What theories are used to explain the Holocaust?
- What were the key strategies for human destruction invented during the Holocaust?
- Why were the Jews the primary victims of the Holocaust?
- Who were the people who brought the Holocaust to its end?
- Where did the Holocaust occur, geographically?
- Did women suffer more than men during the Holocaust?
- How did families manage to preserve their integrity during the Holocaust?
Civil War Research Paper Topics
- What were the weapons and strategies used during the Civil War, and what were their impacts on strategic results?
- What was the role of minorities during the Civil War?
- What was the effect of the battle of Gettysburg and Chancellorsville on America?
- What role did women play in the Civil War and how did they view it at all?
- What were the key drivers behind the Civil War?
- What were the events which affected the course of the Civil War?
- What were the effects of the Civil War on the development of medicine?
- Why is it so important for society to study the Civil War?
- What are the major lessons brought by the Civil War to the future generations?
- What was the function of physicians and nurses during the Civil War?
- How did it happen that the Civil War led to an unexpected result?
These topics provide just some tiny insight into the way you can frame and manage your history paper tasks. If you major in World History, then you will have to take these topics as merely a starting point for your essay. Do not be afraid of brainstorming! Choose what suits you and excel in your history studies!
If you are lacking your time, you can buy history research paper from our writing service that is ready to help you day and night.